Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Fear and Arrogance

As a Pirate in Eve, one must choose his fights carefully, take in to consideration every aspect of that fight before it happens and know their limitations. I failed at this.

Arrogance:  A new corp has moved into Adirain. They are a bunch of noobs with a POS, intent on making a noob training corp within Adi. The local residents are none too happy, myself included.  I don’t have a problem with a new corp moving in or a bunch of 3 week olds in my “hood”, I have a problem with the carebear mentality and talking shit sitting behind a POS shield about how pro they are where the 4 of them have 0 on their killboards.  So anyway, I land on the pos with the intent of seeing what the hell is going on.  To my surprise it’s a just a forcefield and a station, no guns etc. so I jump into a LML caracal and head back to pick a fight.  I start shooting the POS and a fleet of 4 warps in from Arnon,  a Vexor, a Thorax, a Talos and a Domi Navy issue.  The Domi pilot opens a Private convo with me and begins explains things, all the while I am bouncing off their shield and still launching missiles. And I proceed to tell him for 500mil I will leave his Pos alone.  He goes into some rambling gibberish and they asks if they can Join the R1der Alliance, I laugh and tell him probably not gonna happen, and warn him of the situation his in and what he is up against.  To make a long story short my Flashy red appearance is making the nublets antsy and he asks I I will fight them for training, I agree and warn him that 2 will die before before I go down, but what I knew was I was in fleet with the Chaotic Ninja Midgets , and in their comms, or so I thought.  I had plugged my head phones after jumping on TS so I could hear them but them not me. Without going into too extreme detail I was whopped with a thorax in low structure, and a talos in 25% armor. My arrogance and the fact I was in a buffer fit cruiser with LML’s over a AF which I have all 5’s in,  versus bc’s and cruisers is beyond me.  And the fact that I failed to recognizes that my calms were messed up . Live and learn I guess.

Fear: There are pilots in this game you know are better than you, you know this not by age or SP but by experience and fact. Naoru Kozan is one such pilot for me.  I was in Jovainnon, in my trusty hawk roaming around and saw an Atron on scan and decided it needed to die. Just then Naoru came into system, d-scan said he was in a pod so I let it go and moved on.  The Atron was no longer on scan but a Jag was. I knew instantly who the Jag pilot pilot was but I was bored and it had been a slow night. I loaded Nova rockets and warped into the plex. There he was, and on it went. He was hiiting me hard and I was has hitting the same, my repper was working overtime, if he had any type of reps I was done. Then out of nowhere the jag popped. I had won. Oh my god I won. 
What did I learn from these encounters? Don’t be afraid of a fight, whether they are Tuskers, Goons, BRRC whatever, Win or lose it’s a fight. And “don’t get cocky kid” just because you’re better than someone does not mean it’s an auto win.

3 comments:

  1. Good stuff Angron!
    How come you never mentioned you were blogging??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never get cocky :D

    I just derp stuff that I should win by doing stoopid shit!

    ReplyDelete